December 31, 2015

Wrapping up 2015....and Happy New Year 2016!

The first snow of the season in my courtyard
Yes, that's the first time I've written 2016 as a (almost) current date.  I do realize it's been a while since my last post... like everyone else, it's a super-busy time of year for me and my business - and it was sometimes hard just remembering to relax and breathe, much less think about creating a new post. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it!

Chandelier Tribal Necklace 2, multi-colored
 One of the wonderful (and very lucky for me!) things about being so busy is that subconsciously my brain keeps working on new ideas....here are a couple of quick photos of new pieces that I've  finished  in the last few weeks. The necklace went off to the Renwick Gift Shop and the earrings are here in the studio. I'll be taking off for a couple of weeks soon and I'm excited to see what new inspirations hit while I travel a bit.
New studs, hoop beads and chandelier earrings


That said, I've been doing a lot of thinking about how I want to work and organize my time going forward. I'm not much of a "goal writer" or "New Years resolutions" maker, but I realized during this holiday season that time was passing so fast and furiously that I wasn't actually enjoying the festivities, thinking about work and what I needed to be doing in the studio. I know there's a better way and I'm working on balance - I did take some time to bake lemon-coconut biscotti, my family's traditional ginger cookies and (for the first time) these photogenic little cuties....which were so easy!
Pretzels with Hershey's Kisses and M&Ms 
So, here's to taking some time to resetting priorities - and remember to stop, value the moment and be present wherever you find yourself. Enjoy your times with loved ones and have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2016! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment